The control and protection cabinet is designed for installation of temperature gauges, control of electric motors of cooling system fans of M/D type power transformers, connection of built-in current transformers and process protection sensors of transformer equipment of voltage class up to 1150 kV to relay protection and automation (RP&A) circuits of monitoring systems or automated process control system of a power facility.
The main functions of the SHU are:
- protection of each electric motor against short circuits, overloads, over- and undervoltage operation, open circuit, asymmetry and improper phase sequence;
- control of the transformer cooling system;
- alarm of any fan motor failure;
- Possibility to switch off the fan motors;
- connection of backup power supply to SHU;
- Maintaining of microclimate in SHU;
- lighting inside SHU;
- switching of wired cable communication lines with relay protection and automation equipment, monitoring systems or automatic control system.